Finally, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me – put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:8-9

Friday, December 3, 2010

The Touch of the Firstborn

Oh touch of the first born
begotten of God
First born of heaven
now earth He must trod
Come to a manger
From glories unknown
Come down to man
from His Father's own throne
Meek now, and lowly
this Christ child did lay
into the night, to bring us "The Day"
Angels announced Him
and pointed to way
A star shined upon Him
"It's written", they say
Now in my life time
I hear a clear Word
One from the ages to ages is heard.
If you can recieve it,
have ears that can hear
the "Ancient of Days"
is about to appear.
Come down from Glory
to rule and to reign
Come once again to
establish His name
"I Am, that I AM
Begotten that's true,
I Am, that I Am
To make all things new
To baptize with fire,
to winnow the wheat
To give those that kneel
and bow at my feet
Who turn from rebellion
in their will and way,
surrendered in heart
to all that I say
Oh sheep lost and dying,
look now and see
All that you search for
will be found in Me.
Trust me, believe me
Give me your hand
Be still now, and quiet,
I'll help you stand
My hope and my promise
is eternal, it's true
It's yours for the asking
I'm waiting for you
The touch of the "Firstborn"
is near at hand
Choose if you will, choose if you can.

No comments: