Finally, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me – put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:8-9

Friday, December 4, 2009


Lord...when I read verses like these I am completely set back. I think of the those who came out of Egypt and couldn't approach or touch the Mt. of God lest they die...how no one but the high priest could enter the Holy of Hollies...
I come to you myself and confess that I am guilty of not realizing the seriousness of approaching a Holy God...How I'm sure I come with the corruption of my daily living, not coming clean before you in reverence and fear.
How do I say thank you for the shed blood of your Son, which cleanses me of all unrighteousness? How do I say thank you for the work of forgiveness, for your patience, for your undying love. Is it possible for even my praise to come before you untarnished by my wayward thoughts...by my lack of understanding and and outright apathy...? I confess being unenthusiastic and pathetically indifferent at times...half hearted and leaning toward being dangerously lukewarm...
You see all that is going on in my life...I will not use one thing for an excuse to be or feel the way I do...I simply come before you, just as I am and bow my head in shame and surrender. Thou art a consuming fire...consume all that offends you my Lord...this is my earnest prayer...

1 comment:

Living GraceFully said...

Amen, dear one... Amen...

We who live in New Testament times are so blessed! We have a Holy and precious Savior who paid the price for the freedom each believer has now with our dear Abba Father...

Can you imagine what the Old Testament believers would have thought about even the name "Abba Father?" It is mind boggling to consider all the things Jesus our Beloved Savior changed for us!

And we are at times like those who are surrounded by unimagined treasure... Sometimes, if we aren't careful, we treat treasure as a plaything... Or worse yet, we grind it under our feet as we walk on it...

My heart cries even writing this... For I too have done this by becoming apathetic and indifferent to the most precious treasure in the universe...

Oh Lord God--forgive me! For I am a sinner in desperate need of Your Grace--Your forgiveness once again!

Revive in me a hunger for You Lord; a hunger that burns and will not be quenched!

Hold onto me precious Savior--for I am weak beyond measure--and only You can save me...

(((Shebet))) dear one, thank you for sharing your heart... I love you...

In Him who is our all in all,

ooly