Finally, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me – put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:8-9

Monday, December 24, 2012

SOUL SONG OF CHRISTMAS


Lord, All I can think about this Christmas is how little I have to give to you.  The one gift you did give to me that gave me the greatest joy and pleasure to give back, was my voice, to sing praises to your name, to tell the wondrous story of your birth, life, death and glorious reserrection.  

Now the only voice I have comes from a heart that groans with longing to minister unto you the love that you have and are giving to me every day, pressed down and running over.  Blessings you set upon the table in the presence of my enemies,  the oil of gladness that fills my heart with the assurance that I will dwell in your house forever.  

I ask this one thing, my Lord.  That those who do not have the specific gift which you have measured out to others, to play and instrument, or sing in tune like the thrill of your song birds...may come asking that you play upon their heart strings the melodies of your Spirit, that their own spirits may soar to the heights of your love and minister what joy you are, what grace you are, what majesty, and power...

Be praised in Spirit and in Truth...let our songs be acceptable in your hearing, a worthy gift of our praise...our soul's song to you...  It is Christmas, especially in our hearts......"Happy Birthday Lord"

No comments: