Finally, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me – put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:8-9

Thursday, February 7, 2013

 
Lord, I'm as still as I know how to be.
Open my eyes that I might truly see,
that knowing you is not how I feel.
Feeling will never make you real.
When I am empty there echos in me,
sighing and groanings my feelings
can't see...
Goanings that press to be ever heard.
But no human language has a word.
So look my Lord on this yearning heart,
who has come to be quiet
and set apart...
"Be still", you've commanded,
Now I obey.
Make me still like the storm
you commanded one day.
That I might know truly
on bended knee,
That Faith is the substance
of what I can't see....
.
Joy

No comments: