Finally, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me – put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:8-9

Friday, October 2, 2009

A NEW DAY


Lord...here it is another week has gone by...I can hardly keep up anymore.
One day just seems to run into the other.
That's the way the minutes go by for me...one thought of you to the next. I never feel alone, but I long to look upon your face more and more.
Help me to be more aware of the "New Day" in you...to perceive you as the rising sun that gives joy and blessing and hope.
That fills my heart with reason to rejoice in gladness and thanksgiving.
The nations rage...the earth is heaving from within...the oceans are breaking beyond their boundaries...and the souls of men run to and fro in fear and confusion...
I am so blessed to run to you for shelter from the storms of life...let me sit at your feet and share your interceding heart for this lost and dying world. Teach me of your compassion, your patience and forgiveness...
Teach me to stand firm against that which is pure evil and at war with you Lord...Give me knowledge, and wisdom that does not compromise your truth...Keep me in the narrow way.
Lord, give me a sound mind, a mind and spirit that is calm, at peace, and resting in the faith and confidence that, "ALL IS WELL" in You. This is the rest that the world cannot give, and it cannot be obtained through my own reasoning, reading, or seeking answers from man.
Thank you for the Holy Spirit that councils, comforts, and guides...thank you for the joy that fills my heart... the hope, the wonder, the revelation of who you are...all this and more rushes like a mighty river from the dawning of the new day...
I give you praise and honor and glory...I bow before you, magnifying your name which is above all names...in heaven and in earth
.
Thank you for this new day Lord. Blessed be your name.

No comments: