Finally, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me – put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:8-9

Thursday, October 1, 2009

HIS INEXPRESSIBLE PRESENCE


Lord...You have brought me to a place where you are utterly inexpressible. I have spent my whole Christian life trying and longing to share you according to how I perceive you, with my own understanding, my own feelings, my own set of values and convictions...
I thought that I was walking in the way you had chosen for me...walking in your Spirit...
Until now...
How could I possibly think to express what is Your Devine Spirit, out of my own spirit? To manifest your Devine nature out of my carnal nature?
There were times when my spirit rose into the blinding Light of your glory...but now I see that the Light only obscured the open vision and I was left to interpret it by my own understanding and perceptions.
"Eye has not seen, ear has not heard, neither has it entered into the heart of man, the things that you have prepared for us my Lord."
In my heart there is such a longing for the knowledge of you, your will and purpose...for me...your church...your bride.
From the time I became your own...I've desired to express through my life, my faith, and my testimony in service and love...to tell how you have replaced my fears and doubts with faith, hope, and confidence in your Word. How you have given me joy that the world never gives, in place of deep sorrow and despair.
Yes Lord...I have tried to express the inexpressible..and now I can do nothing but fall before you and confess my ignorant zeal...my proselytizing in my own spirit...
Oh Lord forgive me...do whatever it takes to empty me out of dead works...fill me with your Spirit Word that brings, joy, comfort, peace, deliverance, and healing and the very Life of Your Salvation to the hearer...
Work in me Lord, even according to Your Spirit Word, in proclaiming your inexpressible Presence.

No comments: