Finally, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me – put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:8-9

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Peace That the World Does Not Give.

Lord...thank you for your Presence at the funeral today...I don't think I could have made it without You there to sustain me...especially when so many didn't want me there.

My greatest fear is that of failing to have done all You required and then stand...steadfast and unmoved...

Thank you that the minister took the opportunity to confess your name before those who refuse to acknowledge it...

Their attacks were like vipers, come out of the fire...You were my defence and comfort...you delivered me from their lies...you are my confidence in Truth...they know not what they do...I do not hold anything against them...I too, am a sinner saved by grace...

I commit this day and my loved one into Your loving and merciful hands...discipline me, make me to see those things where I must ask for forgiveness, humble me in your presence, thank you for calling me to be a part of your family, for giving me your name...may I walk worthy of it. Amen

1 comment:

Covnitkepr1 said...

He is just so wonderful in our time of need. Earthly goodbyes are often hard, but ahhh, the heavenly hellos.