Finally, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me – put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:8-9

Saturday, September 26, 2009

I STILL LOVE YOU SO


Lord...dare I speak your name? Dare I ?
All that I am betrays your Holiness
my eyes, my ears, my tongue
my thoughts, my will betrays
Lord...give me back the heart of my childhood
the eyes, the ears, the tongue of truth
where innocence was mine
through tender youth
Give back the joy of love to me
when it was all about you
and not about me
My first love, as your child in arms
Your Word made flesh
Your Word that charms
My spirit's tongue, did taste the wine
while at your table, I did dine
Songs of worship, songs of praise
songs I sang throughout the days
My eyes were fixed on none but You
My ears...your voice was all I knew
I longed to please your perfect will
My Lord, my God, I long so still
Your established law, which long before
the waves washed up on virgin shore
was set to keep a child like me
and give me faith, that I might see
Now that time has took it's toll
and all my doubts like billows roll
Your child again, I long to be
Where once I sat upon your knee
I heard you, clearly, lovingly say,
"I am the One and Only Way."
and I was so in love with You
and all you said, I knew was true
Now once again, before I die
and with this one and final sigh
I speak your name, that all may know
that I your child, still loves you so
................"JESUS"................................by Joy Lackey Sept. 2009

No comments: