Finally, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me – put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:8-9

Saturday, September 5, 2009

THE APPLE OF HIS EYE


Lord...You are the brightness of the Father's glory...

"The Bright and Morning Star"

The express image of His person...

upholding all things by your power.

The power of Your Word is might...

It has purged me from my sins...

You sit at the right hand of the Father...

Interceding for all men.

"Begotten Son"...yes!...and first to be...

inheriting His name...

Worshiped by His angels...

His ministers of fiery flame.

The earth and heavens declare your glory...

In the beginning they were made...

the works of your hands only...

their foundations you have laid.

Lord...now in these last days, speak forth...

in the same Word of power and might...

let the glory of Your presence in me...

declare before men...in their sight...

That we are the works of your hands, my Lord...

Oh let us take earnest heed...

for we are your heirs of salvation...

the "first fruits" of your own seed.

The worlds and the heavens will pass away...

in this I am happy and blessed...

that you are "The Word" that dwells in me...

In You I will find Spirit's Rest.

Yesterday...today and forever...

in You I'm delivered from death.

Not the laying down of this body...

but the promise of eternal Rest.

The promise of my spirit's new life...

Delivered from every trial...

delivered from every strife.

"Blessed High Priest" of my calling...

help me hold steadfast within...

my confidence and my yearning...

till that day when I enter in...

through gates of Heaven's homeland...

where my mansion waits on high...

to cloth this spirit's body...

"The apple of Your eye."






No comments: