Finally, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me – put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:8-9

Monday, April 12, 2010

GARDENS IN THAT LAND

by Joy Lackey

My heart is full of glorious praise

for such a gift as these

that smell of heavens sweet perfume

each one to bless and please

Sprinkled through with Babies Breath

perhaps to just remind

that in the vase when all is done

not one will boast it's kind

For each in radiant splendor

the daisy and the rose...

the tulips and the lilies,

a sweet enchanting pose.

My heart is always gladdened,

when I take them in hand...

I always think of Heaven

and gardens in that land.

I think of walks with Jesus

of gentle words he'll say...

My Beloved Rose of Sharon

whose fragrance fills my day

No comments: