Finally, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me – put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:8-9

Monday, April 12, 2010

OH THAT I MIGHT KNOW YOU LORD__IN THE POWER OF YOUR FULLNESS

I'm always amazed at how the Holy Spirit guides and directs our learning in respect of revealing Christ...We have a weekly bible study...many of those who come are just new babes and are so hungry for the Word...they drink the milk of the Word ravenously.....Jesus himself commanded us, " feed my sheep."

But to feed the sheep, we ourselves must have knowledge of what they need to eat...and that is the Word....not just in Bible form, (words)...but in demonstrating the power of the Spirit.

For so long I was under self-condemnation...with the thinking, I did not demonstrate the power of the Holy Spirit...because I did not see healing, and prophetic words, and revelation in my life...much of what I shared I learned or gleaned from others...I was like a baby bird that's mother fed it predigested food...I also came to understand, that it was OK to eat the food that was being fed to me by my spiritual mothers and fathers of the Spirit...I HAD TO GROW UP into the KNOWLEDGE of CHRIST....

I also came to know that the greatest demonstration of the power of the Spirit, was to have victory over my own flesh...to mortify it...and I still am...

My strength and hope is in the power of Holy Spirit who has come to give me revelation of Christ the Word and my place in Him...

He is effectually, and essentially establishing me in the Love of His Fellowship and that of the brethren...this is vital, crucial and elemental...that we be found formed and created new in the Spirit of Christ's mind and heart...in the revelation of the things of Spirit, that the Word might be manifest in us by the power of The Word...Christ is that Word...and we must come to hear His Voice in us...with Spirit understanding.

Then shall we demonstrate in power and authority the administration of His Kingdom...then shall we truly feed His sheep those things that will bring forth new life in them... and strength of faith and ministry...that we might all grow up into the unity of Christ, with one mind...to the ministry of worship and praise and honor of our Lord Jesus Christ....King of Kings and Lord of Lords......jOY

Today's sharing from Chip Brogden...perhaps made what I've said more clear...JOY LACKEY

March 18

Today's Message from Chip Brogden

"That I may know Him" (Philippians 3:10).

It is the FULLNESS of Christ that we are after, the revelation of Christ as He IN FACT IS. For too many Christians the Lord Jesus is "merely" their Savior. Thank God He is our Savior, but there is a depth and a richness bound up into the personage of Christ that goes far, far beyond "mere" salvation. Salvation is the narrow gate - coming into the fullness of Christ is the narrow path. The gate is only the entrance to something larger.

No comments: